NOTE -- The following list is by no means
comprehensive. Lionheart Online welcomes any suggestions of
additional Internet resources. Notify us by sending e-mail
(with site description and URL) to the Lionheart WebMaker
Index of resource types:
- Collier & Associates
- An ISO 9000, AS 9000, QS 9000 service company which provides for training, assessments/audits, consulting, and internal auditing services
- Process and Control Today WWW.PANDCT.COM
- An industry specific information source for the process, control & manufacturing industries. Providing the latest news daily, case studies, career opportunities, e-commerce, auction arena, 5 comprehensive databases and advanced product finder, associated industry links, exhibitions/seminars and a domain name licensing service. Your problem solver today? Your partner in engineering tomorrow
World Wide Web sites
- The United States Navy Best Manufacturing Practices
program (established 1985). This web site offers help
desk contacts and searchable surveys on-line, and
provides information on obtaining technical support and
software. Also offers links to other manufacturing
- Esprit is the European Union's information
technologies RTD program. Their site covers all aspects
of the EU's investment and developement in IT, including
integration in manufacturing. Resources found at this URL
include news on recent Esprit initiatives, contact
information, announcements for the upcoming European IT
Conference & Exhibition, and a FAQ that is
particularly helpful for entities submitting proposals to
- The Industrial
- The Industrial Technology Institute is an independent
organization that partners with federal and state
government entities, private enterprise, and industry
organizations to assist manufacturers in increasing
productivity, quality and customer satisfaction. Their
sites explores solutions in areas such as manufacturing
technology, electronic commerce, quality and performance
Coalition for Advanced Manufacturing
- Information about the National Coalition for Advanced
Manufacturing: its leadership and involvement with
technology deployment and industrial modernization for
- The National Center for Manufacturing Sciences home
page. The Center is a consortium of U.S. and Canadian
corporations committed to making North American
manufacturing globally competitive through development of
next- generation manufacturing technologies.
England Suppliers Institute (NESI)
- NESI's website sets out to facilitate improvement of
customer-supplier relations among small and large
manufacturers in the New England region. The site
describes the benefits and services of NESI membership,
and provides information about becoming a member.
- Site for the Simulation Software Vendors Association,
offering information to prospective buyers of simulation
technology. Resources include membership information, a
member directory, buyers guide, and calendar of
- Society of
- Details about the Society of Manufacturing Engineers,
e.g., its conferences, courses, clinics, membership and
on-line manufacturing network.
- The Tooling & Manufacturing Association
- The Tooling & Manufacturing Association (TMA) is a Chicago area association of tooling, machining, special machine, component part and supplier companies. TMA is known for its Related Theory Program for tool & die, mold and precision machining apprentices. The association also offers 70 different continuing education courses and seminars. Other primary services include employee benefits, marketing support, legislative & public affairs and promotion of careers in manufacturing.
- ERPFans is a gateway site for ERP resources on the internet. The site features: forums and chat rooms, links to ERP news sources, ERP vendor profiles, articles on various ERP products, and much more.
- The ERPSuperSite features information on leading Enterprise Resource Planning products and services. Resources include: news from leading ERP vendors forums and chat groups, ERP company financials, and reports from leading analysts. The site is maintianed by Techra - Technology Research Associates.
- Inventory Control Forum
- A new and growing resource page for inventory control information. Included are lists of other Web sites and recommended reading.
- World Wide Web manufacturing issues, i.e., how the
Internet is being used by the manufacturing community,
plus information on engineering and quality control, and
numerous links to other manufacturing web sites.
- Information on manufacturing, engineering and
products development, sponsored by the Agile
Manufacturing pilot project at Sandia National
Laboratories. Offers links to related sites in Europe and
North America, in addition to desktop tools, news and
Wright Laboratory Manufacturing Technology
- The Wright Laboratory is responsible for management
and execution of the Air Force Industrial Preparedness
Programs in Industrial Base Analysis and Manufacturing
Technology. This website provides information on the
program's various divisions, contents from the Program
Status Report, documents on various Aerospace intelligent
manufacturing solutions, and links to other manufacturing
Automation and Design Engineering (MADE)
- Information on the National Institute of Standards
and Technology's MADE program and its potential for
- The Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) is a
partnership of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the
National Institute of Standards and Technology, and a
network of affiliated service providers throughout the
country. This web site details the MEP by providing news
and other pertinent information for manufacturers, in
addition to offering connections to MEP centers around
the United States.
EDI & Bar Coding
- This company offers EDI and Bar Coding solutions. Go
to their site to find out about their services, seminars
and their free e-mail newsletter, EDI & Bar Coding
Manufacturing Research, Inc.
- Information about the Advanced Manufacturing Research
group and its analysis and research services to the
manufacturing community. Also provides executive
summaries, alerts and reports.
- Automation Research Corporation
- Automatic Research Corporation (ARC) is a market research firm specializing in industrial automation. This site includes synopses of ARC's market studies (on topics such as manufacturing software, control systems, device networks and field devices), as well as strategy forums, in which leaders from automation suppliers and end users discuss key automation technologies and strategies. Information on registration for upcoming forums is included.
- Azalea Software, Inc.
- Azalea Software sells TrueType bar code and OCR fonts for use with Microsoft Windows. Their site includes The Bar Code Frequently Asked Questions. Visitors may download demos to see how to make high quality bar code.
- Bar Coding and
- The web site for bar code and automatic data
collection systems (ADCS) definers, designers and users.
This site offers information on education and reference
resources, applications and implementation information,
industry news and events, and industry organization and
- Information about CAPS LOGISTICS' decision support
software. This software covers such logistics issues as
route planning, supply chain analysis, shipment planning
and dynamic dispatching. Details about the company,
upcoming events and newsletters are also provided.
- Sponsored by IBM and Dassault Systemes, this site
details CATIA/CADAM Solutions offerings in mechanical
design, analysis and simulation, manufacturing, AEC
plant, and infrastructure. Products and contact
information, along with customer support, is also
Center for Inventory Management
- The Center for Inventory Management is dedicated to
providing educational and consulting services to
industry, focusing on improved customer service, reduced
inventory investment, and increased productivity. The
"Inventory Management" newsletter is also available at
this web site.
- Information technology database and services for
design and manufacturing. This Internet-based database
offers information on analysis and consulting services
directed at those organizations using information
technology (IT) in the design and manufacturing
Coalition for Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
- CIMS is an association composed of individual U.S.
manufacturers, trade associations, and manufacturing
consortia who are interested or are involved in advanced
manufacturing systems. The Coalition's goal is to promote
and facilitate U.S. industry participation in IMS
- Sponsored by Enterprise Planning Systems, this site
is set up for discussion of EPS' Collaborative Planning.
Topics of discussion deal with such manufacturing issues
as scheduling, simulation, optimization and MRPII.
Connecticut Manufacturer's Resource Center
- The Connecticut Manaufacturer's Resource Center web
site offers association news, including legislative
agendas and bulletins; a directory of manufacturers;
information about the resource center; help in finding
manufacturing solutions; international, government and
university resources; training programs; a bulletin
board; a publications listing; and manufacturing
- COSS Software
- COSS Software's web site includes a Q&A forum, in which visitors may submit questions regarding COSS systems and accounting and technical issues. COSS publishes manufacturing support software for machine shop and manufacturing facilities.
- Daratech, Inc. is a market research and technology
assessment firm specializing in CAD/CAM, CAE, EDM/PDM,
CIM and computer graphics. This site provides information
on their various publications and conferences.
- Providers of business management software for job
shops and custom manufacturers. Site offers company &
information, demos, industry news, employment
opportunities, and a way to request more information.
- Division details its products and services in story
format on its Web site. Covered in the Division "story"
are the basic ideas behind CAD/CAM modeling, along with
the impacts and benefits of such technologies. Contacts
to the company's offices are also provided.
European Manufacturing Technology Users Group
- EMTUG European Manufacturing Technology Users Group
is a pan-European User Group which provides its members
with advice, information and access to consultation about
the application of existing and upcoming ICT (information
and communications technology) for manufacturing and
process industries - especially MMS (the Manufacturing
Messaging Specification ISO 9506).
Planning Systems Inc.
- Enterprise Planning Systems develops fast
manufacturing groupware that works with any installed
MRPII system. This web site offers information on the
company, its products and services.
- ESI/Technologies, Inc. is a provider of Oracle based
manufacturing solutions. Their site features information
on the eMIS/2000 software line as well as downloadable
demos and interactive presentations.
Extension-Oriented Customer Service Software Co.
- The Extension-Oriented Customer Service Software Co.
provides approaches for creating an integrated, closed
loop, service, logistics and product improvement
environment. They also offer software customization for
engineering, manufacturing, distributing, servicing and
re-engineering. This site lists the company's product
offerings, news, white papers and licensing, as well as
company and support information.
- iEdI: Internet
- This site is a clearinghouse of links to other
Internet based Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
resources. The links are broken down into useful
categories such as "Basic EDI," "Global ED" and " Looking
for employment in the EDI field?"
- The ILOG Web site details the company's product
offerings for resource allocation, scheduling, dataflow
control, component integration, distributed computing,
database connectivity and protoype development.
Information about the company, its training programs,
partners and trade show schedules is also available.
- Industrysearch is a search engine for use by
purchasing agents, maintenance, engineers and others to
pinpoint manufacturing companies and/or industrial
suppliers or service companies in the United States.
Includes over 320,000 manufacturing companies and 200,000
service companies, wholesalers and distributors.
Software for Manufacturing
- This site features extensive product information for
The Stratford Group Inc.'s manufacturing and accounting
software package, INMASS/MRP. Visitors to the site can
also access press releases, contact the company and find
information on the numerous modules available for use
- InterTrans Logistics Solutions develop client/server
supply chain management software applications. The site
contains information on The Venture(tm) software suite as
well corporate profiles and career opportunities.
- JBA International, Inc.
- JBA International provides business software, including JBA System 21. This site lets you take the "euro tour" to find out how your business could be affected by the European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU). In addition, it provides links to other euro information sources on the web.
A. Keane and Associates -- Computer Integrated Quality
- This site details Kean and Associates' QMS Program
for ISO/QS 9000 compliance and its CIMQuality virtual
reality software for hands-on experience managing an
ISO/QS 9000-compliant plant.
- Corporate and product information for this supplier
of comprehensive turnkey manfacturing programs, focusing
on customer satisfaction and world-class manufacturing.
Product offerings include electronic commerce
- A web site for professionals in the manufacturing
industry. It features a comprehensive database of
manufacturers, distributors, products and new products,
news feed from Lexis-Nexis, content from 12 industry
manufacturing publications, the manufacturing
- McCabe &
- McCabe & Associates' site offers information on
their line of tools for software testing, metrics, and
reverse engineering. Along with contact information
visitors will also find tech support FAQs, a client list,
information on training, seminars and consulting as well
as applications for Year 2000 solutions.
- Information for manufacturers about software,
computers, other manufacturers, job shops, suppliers,
services and machine tools. Also offers on-line
discussion groups, classifieds, industry resources and
- Metrscope provides statistical process control
systems for manufacturing environments. This Web page
offers information about the company's solutions,
products, services and support.
- Numetrix offers integrated hierarchical supply chain
management solutions. This Web site details the company's
supply chain solution, support services, success stories,
press releases, a calendar of events and a listing of
- Micro 2000
- Micro 2000 provides diagnostic hardware and software. Their site features an online newsletter ("Micro 2000 Technician") and a government services department for special pricing. Other features include Year 2000 Solutions freeware to test your system for Year 2000 compatibility and PC technician certification courses on CD-ROM.
- Online Engineer
- This site is an online resource for manufacturing sectors in the United Kingdom. A quick search lets you browse information by names of organizations or by specific categories. Companies, organizations or institutions within U.K. manufacturing sectors may add a listing at no cost.
Operational Excellence Forum
- The Operational Excellence Forum's site offers
information about reengineering manufacturing companies,
with emphasis on the process of implementing ERP or MRP
II. The site offers information on the Forum's courses
and consultancy services in manufacturing oriented
business processes, software selection and more. Also
available are articles on capacity strategies, education,
inventory strategies and more.
- The OpExForum Report is a newsletter published by The
Operational Excellence Forum, a virtual organization of
manufacturing industry experts that focus on the
effective implementation of MRP, JIT, and other
continuous improvement programs needed to achieve
- This site features information about Palisade's
software; demos for downloading; an on-line order form
and registration for customers; and a Technical Support
section including a database that users can search to
find answers to common questions and problems, as well as
the most recent patches to their software. Palisade also
offers newsletters, press releases, and technical papers
using Adobe Acrobat files.
Practical Application Company
- This UK based company conducts a number of
conferences focusing on the application of information
technologies. Their site lists upcoming events in Europe
and Britian as well as information on past conferences.
Topics of future conferences include: intelligent agents,
data mining and constraint management technology.
- ProfitKey International
- ProfitKey International makes Advanced Planning and Scheduling solutions, providing job shops and custom manufacturers with a real-time ERP system. Their sites features product information for Rapid Response Manufacturing(R) Client/Server and the Rapid Response Manufacturing(R) classic system. Also found on the site is customer support information, press releases, new product announcements, job postings and an online demonstration of Rapid Response Manufacturing Client/Server.
- R. Michael Donovan & Co.
- R. Michael Donovan & Co. is a management consulting and education firm that provides services to manufacturers worldwide. Their site includes many complimentary articles and checklists on subjects such as cycle time reduction, ERP, supply chain management, inventory reduction and flow manufacturing.
Manufacturing Technology Showcase
- A listing of Rodex's offerings, including products
for automated material handling, industrial materials and
processes, manufacturing automation software, system
integration, design and services, computer vision and
sensors, machine tool controllers, and special purpose
machinery and robotics.
- Sapling Corporation's site offers information on its
entire line of business-oriented, software-aided planning
tools. Vistors can find product and service information,
descriptions of training workshops, high-profile user
success stories, FAQs about Saplings's products, and much
- The Sarbrook Co.'s web site details the firm's
offerings, which are designed to help companies employ
systems which integrate the sources and distribution of
information within the company. Information about
Sarbrook's WinSPEX software, clients, configuration
capabilities and case histories is also available.
Manufacturing Management Software
- SBS offers an integrated manufacturing and
distribution system for the industrial environment. It
interfaces with RealWorld Accounting as a complete
business information system. The software can be used by
make-to-order, make-to-stock, assemble-to-order,
repetitive, and mixed mode manufacturers.
- Focusing on improving profitability through improved
customer service levels and better inventory management
processes, Supply Chain Solutions provides process
redesign, training and software support for the
manufacturing and distribution industries. Areas of
expertise include demand planning, inventory management
and planning, vendor managed inventory,distribution
network development and appropriate use of
- Symix Systems, Inc.
- Symix's site offers information about e-business, supply chain and enterprise management software and services for midsize manufacturers of discrete products. Site content includes Symix product news, customer success stories and online demos.
- User Solutions' web site features the company's
affordable and easy-to-use manufacturing software.
Information about the company, its products and services
are provided in a forum that permits downloading of
sample items. Links to related sites are also
- This web site details the company's manufacturing
planning and control software, specifically designed to
take advantage of client/server, relational database and
Microsoft Windows GUI technology. Demo versions of the
software are downloadable from this site.
Center for Collaborative Manufacturing
- Cross-disciplinary center dedicated to research and
education in manufacturing. With National Science
Foundation support, the Center for Collaborative
Manufacturing works on innovations in product and process
realization technologies, and in the ways of
collaborating to achieve them.
and Manufacturing Institute
- The Design and Manufacturing Institute at the
Carnegie Laboratory of Engineering offers hands-on
training for automated concurrent engineering, rapid
prototyping, materials analysis, on-line process control,
and computer-aided manufacturing.
- Information about new supply network production
scheduling paradigm that will result in higher level of
performance in agile and efficient control of production
across supply networks.
Process Knowledge Base Project
- Project at the University of Tokyo to build
methodology of sharing knowledge about manufacturing
processes via computer networks.
- A listing of business, communication, professional,
education, government and news information web sites of
interest to the manufacturer.
Prototyping and Desktop Manufacturing
- Information about rapid prototyping and desktop
manufacturing technologies at Delft University of
Technology, The Netherlands. Also has links to related
NOTE -- You must have access to a USENET news server to
view these resources.
- discussion of manufacturing technology (including software
solutions and automation) as well as other issues pertaining
to manufacturing professions.
- A broad-based discussion list covering both "the
theory and practice of manufacturing."
- Subscribe by sending "SUBSCRIBE MFG-INFO <YOUR
first name and last name>" to
- This list features discussion of total quality
- Subscribe by sending "SUBSCRIBE QUALITY <YOUR
first name and last name>" to
- Discussion of Eli Goldratt's theory of constraints.
- Subscribe by sending "SUBSCRIBE TOC-L mail_<YOUR
e-mail address>" to
- A list focused on business process reengineering.
- Subscribe by sending "SUBSCRIBE BPR-L mail_<YOUR
e-mail address>" to
Copyright © 2000 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Web Site © Copyright 2000 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
2555 Cumberland Parkway, Suite 299, Atlanta, GA 30339 USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-6969